With much publicity surrounding the possible ensnarement of former justice and human rights minister Yusril Ihza Mahendra in a Rp 400 billion (US$33.9 million) graft case at the ministry, prosecutors are now scrutinizing three of his former aides.
The Attorney General’s Office said Wednesday it would focus on completing the dossiers on the three former officials who have been named suspects in the case, by finding more incriminating evidence, including Yusril’s account.
The AGO has named the ministry’s former director general for public legal administration Romli Atmasasmita and his two successors Syamsuddin Manan Sinaga and Zulkarnain Yunus suspects in the case.
Prosecutors will question Yusril on Thursday and his successor Hamid Awaluddin on Friday.
“We need to question Pak Yusril again as a witness to gather more evidence. We also need testimony from Pak Hamid. We are still considering whether to summon Pak Andi,” AGO spokesman Jasman Pandjaitan said, referring to current justice minister Andi Mattalata.
Jasman said summonses had been sent to Yusril and Hamid, the current Indonesian ambassador to Russia.
Yusril confirmed he had received the summons and was ready for a second round of questioning.
“I was only asked as a witness against the three suspects. The questions were not about me,” he said.
Legal expert Irman Putra Sidin said the AGO was focusing on the three suspects because of the difficulty in proving Yusril’s decisions to appoint PT Sarana Rekatama Dinamika (SRD) and
activate the website, which is at the heart of the scandal, were illegal.
Ninety percent of the website’s revenue went to SRD, with the rest going to the ministry. Of the latter’s share, 40 percent went to it’s cooperatives.
“I think the prosecutors can easily see that the three former director generals and their family members benefited from the 10 percent revenue,” Irman said.
He added that unless Yusril received kickbacks from the company in return for approving the revenue-sharing scheme, the AGO would find it difficult to implicate the former minister.
University of Indonesia legal expert Rudy Satrio expressed similar sentiments, saying Yusril’s defense would be to point out there was no loss of state money in the project, and that revenue from the project was not non-tax revenue for the state.
“There are no regulations requiring the money to be submitted to the state as non-tax revenue,” he added.
However, prominent lawyer Yozua Makes argued the AGO could still implicate Yusril if it focused on the substance of the case: alleged abuse of state facilities by the ex-minister.
“The website would not have operated without the minister’s authority to issue a permit. So it is a state facility, and income earned from it is state revenue,” he said.
Yozua added the AGO should question the rationale behind the 90:10 revenue-sharing split. Abdul Khalik
- 000 child sex victims: Activists
- 10 Hal Unik di Dunia Politik Indonesia
- 18 Santri Kesurupan Together
- Abu Sayyaf shooting victim still unstable in Tawau
- Aburizal to sue
- Ada Polwan Cantik Ditugaskan di Jalan Penghibur
- Albertina Fransisca Mailoa
- and History Of Sriwijaya Kingdom
- Arema Losing Of Serge when Visiting to Persib
- Artis Indonesia
- at Barack Obamas old elementary school in Indonesia
- Bali Will Not Execute
- bambo curtain country
- beauty horor
- best player
- BPK chief defends stance in BI case
- BT Gambles in Sultan Hotel
- Bule Amerika Ngutil Celana di Ubud Kejar-kejaran dengan Warga
- By The Way: Porn bill fuel for a modern-day witch hunt
- Cara Mengatasi Diabetes
- cheered and danced
- Dian Sastro
- Dijuluki Sarang Kelamin
- Dukungan Ahok-Heru Bermeterai per Kelurahan
- Fakta Mengharukan di Balik Bocah Tergemuk di Dunia Asal Karawang
- False of Diploma Case Sukmawati
- Film Indonesia
- Fish Patin weight 43 Kgs
- for film mankind
- Gegana Bomb Comb in Theology College Jakarta
- Gejala Stroke dan Cara Pencegahannya
- Going up in smoke: Raids begin
- Heboh! Kakek 63 Tahun Nikahi Gadis Cantik
- highest appreciation
- His name etched in history as America's first black president
- horor queen
- House Roger Danuarta Sold
- Hundreds of students
- in Fatherland
- in Musi River
- Indonesia affirms death penalty as a state`s sovereignity
- Indonesia Film Festival
- Indonesia to export rice next year: FM
- Indonesia turism Princes 2008
- Indonesia urges UN Security Council to end israeli occupation
- Indonesian govt builds tents for use as emergency schools: Disaster Mitigation Agency
- Indonesian student wins int`l technology award
- Inilah Kreasi Ampas Kopi Karya Pemuda Bandung yang Mendunia
- Is catched
- Jakarta to implement business retribution holiday
- Japan to build deep sea water project in Indonesia
- Kalla expects RI to benefit from world defense expo
- Kartika Putri hingga Anak Mendagri
- KEEP ON FIGHTING PORN BILL
- Lihat tuh Dekapannya
- Man arrested for illegal kerosene
- mystical power athletics teacher PROFESSOR Cakra Murti
- New look for old markets: Clean
- not panic
- Nusa Penida: A sanctuary for the endangered Bali Starling
- Obama's Childhood Revisited
- Pakai Baju Turn Back Crime
- Pantai di Sumba ini Tembus di Daftar 20 Pantai Terindah di Dunia
- Perseteruan Kakak dan Adik Berujung Rusaknya Mobil Warga
- Pertama di Asia Tenggara! Makan di Resto dalam Bus Sambil Keliling Bandung
- Pesawat Carteran Rp 288 Juta Bawa Samadikun Terbang Empat Jam dari Shanghai-Jakarta
- Polisi Buru PSK dan Waria di Semak-semak Kawasan Denpasar Barat Ini
- Pornography Law
- President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
- President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono does meeting with former Japan Prime Minister Yasuo Fukuda
- presidential candidate
- Pria Terlapor Penganiayaan: Itu Permainan Tamara Bleszynski untuk Popularitas
- Prince autopsy planned for today
- prostitusi through internet
- pupils that is is not fainted lingers on in field
- Rihanna cancels concert over security fears
- Russia yet to agree on Sukhoi SU-35 price
- Second wife of famous dai of that AA Gym
- Sheila Law Conference
- shiny -- and empty
- smoker amounts in Jakarta
- still trusting The Minister of Finance
- Teman Ahok: Ikuti Aturan KPU
- Two Indonesians sentenced to death in Malaysia
- Victory of Barack Obama
- Wanita Ini Ditangkap Karena Mengaku Polwan
- Was Sue of Ria Irawan
- Wisata Area
- Woman of smoker reachs eight percentage of the active
- WORLD SOCCER PICTURE
- Yusril off the hook
- Zuckerberg offers Indonesia Internet connection in remote areas